Shine into Womanhood
Acts4Youth now has a mentoring program for girls! The focus of the program is on helping girls develop their inner beauty by intentionally nurturing their character, emotional, social, and spiritual development.
Our Path to Womanhood
The Shine program began with girls in fourth and fifth grades in the 2015/2016 school year, and will expand by one grade each year, eventually progressing through high school.
- Students meet from 3 to 8 p.m. one day a week. The first two hours are at a school and the last three hours are offsite and include dinner. In addition, students take one to two engaging trips each month.
- The student/parent advisor engages students in lessons on topics that focus on developing the girls’ sense of their inner beauty and spirit in contrast to society’s emphasis on external appearance.
- Youth attend mentoring meetings off campus with an emphasis on teamwork, leadership, and spiritual development. Two-three girls are paired with a female mentor and enjoy dinner, life discussions and fun.
- An experienced dance instructor will lead the girls in developing dances that emphasize inner beauty and strength, culminating in a performance at the end of the year.
- Students take a variety of fun trips, such as to a corn maze, the cinema, and a trampoline park.
- Several times a year, the middle school girls visit with local leaders in a variety of vocations to hear their stories.
- Acts4Youth helps students who have additional academic needs be paired with an individual tutor.
- The student/parent advisor meets with students during the day to have one-on-one conversations.
Register Your Student
If you are interested in registering a student in one of our programs, please download and fill out the form found here. Once completed, send to PO BOX 11068, Baltimore, MD 21212. Our staff will be in touch once received.